Descartes Systems Group unveils a new cloud-based transportation management suite. The suite includes transportation execution capabilities for maximized control across fleet and for-hire operations and help with carrier compliance.
“Because of the dynamic nature of the markets we serve, the ability to accurately plan and control the operations of our fleet in real-time is critical to meeting our customer service targets and managing delivery costs,” said Maria Ross, Vice President of Transportation at Oldcastle and a member of Descartes’ Global User Group Steering Committee. “We have worked closely with Descartes to help create a ‘closed-loop’ transportation management system that optimizes and executes shipments across purchased transportation and our fleet and tracks deliveries.”
Descartes Transportation Management suite capabilities include:
- Common carrier or fleet selection made through bi-directional planning with flexibility to allow either the contract carrier planner or private fleet planner to drive the decision making process and manage over-capacity exceptions;
- Fleet plans made using complex and detailed street-level, optimized fleet routing decisions to minimize fleet costs and maximize customer service;
- Route plans executed through integrated fleet dispatching, tracking, mobile and telematics for complete management and tracking of delivery, driver and vehicle performance to measure whether deliveries happened as planned and drivers complied with operational rules;
- Small package carrier selection consolidation decisions made through fully compliant tariffs from over 100 small package and less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers’ service guides that help minimize shipping costs;
- Small package shipment manifesting available for those same carriers’ unique guidelines;
- Shipment visibility from tender acceptance to in-transit through proof of delivery, including electronic signature, barcode or picture capture;
- Freight bills audited right down to the line and assessorial level, and the costs allocated; and
- Modular solution architecture so customers can get results where they need them the most.
Users connect to the cloud-bases system via web browser.
“Descartes’ Transportation Management suite combines the functional breadth and depth with a cloud-based platform that accelerates time-to-value,” said Ken Wood, Senior Vice President Product Management at Descartes. “Rather than spending a lot of time and resources to cobble together and operate numerous systems to meet comprehensive transportation management requirements, logistic-intensive businesses can choose Descartes’ comprehensive transportation management suite.”
To learn more about the Transportation Management Suite go to www.descartes.com.