Springtime Crock Pot Minestrone
By July 9, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Cost: 20.00
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 6 hrs 15 mins
This crock pot minestrone recipe is to die for! It's simple, delicious, and could easily be made while on the road! This recipe serves 6-8, and in my opinion it's even better the second day! Store leftovers in your refrigerator, or freeze to save some for a later date!
- 1 Onion Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Diced
- 3 Carrots Peeled & Sliced
- 1 Can (28 ounces) Diced Tomatoes I prefer mine to have a little more tomato, so feel free to add a little more if you do too! :)
- 2 Cans (15 ounces) Cannellini Beans (or Garbanzo Beans) Drained & Rinsed
- 3 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 3 Cups Water
- 8 Ounces Ditalini Pasta Uncooked
- 12 Asparagus Spears Be sure to remove the hard stems, & cut into thirds!
- 1 Cup Frozen Sweet Peas
- 1 Bag (6 ounces) Fresh Spinach
- 1/3 Cup Ramano Cheese Grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots, diced tomatoes, beans, stock & water into the crock pot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring every few hours if possible.
10-15 minutes before you're ready to eat, add in the asparagus, spinach, peas & pasta. Continue to cook on low for 10-15 minutes, and then stir in the grated cheese. Season with salt & pepper, and enjoy!