If you’re a truck driver, chances are you have at least a little bit of trouble with your knees. The everyday demands of trucking are tough on all parts of your body — knees included.
While knee injuries should be treated by a medical professional, general knee aches can often be combatted by smart workout strategies. We’ve compiled some quick workouts from certified fitness expert Jessica Smith to help you fight knee pain.
1. Strengthen the muscles surrounded your knees with exercise. The best way to reduce knee pain is to increase strength in your quadriceps, hamstrings, inner and outer thighs, and calves. This workout is designed to increase knee stability.
2. Lose weight to reduce the stress on your knees. Extra weight puts extra strain on your knees. Try this knee friendly workout designed to burn fat.
3. Get stronger stomach muscles. Weak abdominal and back muscles can cause bad spinal alignment, which can contribute to knee pain. Try this workout to increase your core strength.
4. Walk to loosen up your knees. One of the best ways to fight knee pain is simply to walk. If you can’t make it outside for a walk, try this indoor walking workout.
5. Stretch your muscles. Flexibility training is a great way to release tension in the muscles around your knees.
Jessica Smith TV