22 C
New York

How To: Dispute a CSA or DAC Error


Many of you have written to us wanting to know how to dispute a claim on your CSA, (PSP) or DAC reports.  Errors in reporting can cause drivers to lose their jobs or prevent them from getting a job in the future.  Just as there are errors on credit reports, errors can be made on a driver’s CSA (PSP) and DAC reports.

Check your CSA and DAC reports for errors:

Request a copy of your DAC here. 

Get more information on CSA/PSP reports here. 

File a DAC report dispute:

From HireRight:

If you believe that any information in your background / file reports is inaccurate or incomplete, you may file a dispute with HireRight for free. The dispute investigation process generally may take up to 30 days, depending on the nature, scope and source of the information being disputed. HireRight will promptly investigate the specific information/records that you are disputing. HireRight also has trained customer service representatives who can work with you if you need assistance identifying the specific information/records that you want to dispute. You may contact HireRight Customer Service at 1.800.381.0645. Upon request, HireRight also will provide you with a free copy of background / file report(s), which you may request by by clicking here or by contacting Customer Service at 1.800.381.0645. You are entitled to such information by law. If you need assistance identifying the specific information/records that you want to dispute, it may be helpful for you to first request a free copy of background / file report(s), but it is not necessary for you to do so.

If you are unable to access or complete the form, if you would prefer to submit your dispute by telephone or regular mail, or if you require additional assistance, please contact HireRight Customer Service:

HireRight Customer Service

  • Telephone: (800) 381-0645 (Monday -Friday, 7am to 7pm Central Time)
  • Fax: (918) 664-5520
  • Address: HireRight, Attn: Consumers Department, P.O. Box 33181, Tulsa, OK 74153

The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act: Summary of Your Rights Under the FCRA

File a CSA Dispute:

File A CSA dispute here. 

Filing a CSA dispute is done through the DataQ System.

From DataQ:

Who May Register?

Any user can enter data challenges into the system including: general public users, commercial drivers, motor carriers, FMCSA/State Agency users, and FMCSA Administrative level users.

Commercial drivers may file challenges to their commercial driver data. To obtain their data, commercial drivers may request the information via the pre-employment screening program (PSP) or Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) websites.

Motor carrier users may file challenges to data found on their carrier profile, SAFER information, and SafeStat Online record.

What Data Is Subject To A Challenge?

The DataQs system is to be used to challenge data issued by FMCSA. Information disseminated by the FMCSA includes data reported to FMCSA through the requirements of Federal and State programs. Release of these data is done in the interest of information exchange and to satisfy the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act. The United States government assumes no liability for the use of the data.

With respect to crash and roadside inspection data, the MCMIS documents the occurrence and results of these events as reported by the States. Any challenges to data provided by State agencies must be resolved by the appropriate State agency. Once a State office makes a determination on the validity of a challenge, FMCSA considers that decision as the final resolution of the challenge. FMCSA cannot change State records without State consent.

How Do I Register For DataQs?

All users are required to register with the DataQs system. Click on the “Register Online” button and submit the registration form. You will return to the login page where you can enter your user name and password to access the system.

  • Commercial Drivers are required to select “Commercial Driver” under the Organization Type selection.
  • Motor Carriers are required to select “Motor Carrier” under the Organization Type selection. Motor Carrier users may ‘validate’ their account by entering their FMCSA provided Personal Identification Number (PIN).
  • State or Federal Agency level users must complete and submit the FMCSA Information Technology Account Request Form. This Form is available from FMCSA’s Technical Support Website at http://fmcsa-ts.dot.gov. Once on this site, access the form via the Technical Support Tab.




Get the hottest daily trucking news

This Week in Trucking