Do you know a truck driver who has gone above and beyond the call of duty, has put his or her life on the line to save another or who has sacrificed his or her time to help others? Nominate him or her for Goodyear’s 2012 Highway Hero award.
Goodyear is now accepting nominations. To nominate a driver, visit Goodyear Truck Tires. If the driver you nominate is selected, you will win $1,000 and the Highway Hero will win $5,000! Nominations must be submitted by January 31, 2013.
“Goodyear accepts nominations for this prestigious award from all over North America. Candidates are narrowed down to four finalists, and a panel of trucking industry media representatives then selects the Highway Hero Award winner,” the site states.Nominate a driver now!
Nominations also can be mailed to the Goodyear Highway Hero Award Headquarters; Dept. 798A; 1144 E. Market St., Akron, OH 44316 or by calling (330) 796-8183.
Who is eligible?
- Nominee must be a full-time truck driver
- Nominee must reside in the U.S. or Canada
- The incident must have occurred in the U.S. or Canada
- Nominee must be on the job or on the way to or from work, and in his/her rig at the time of the incident
- Nominee’s truck at the time of the incident must have 12 wheels or more
- Nominations must be received by January 31, 2013
- Incident must have occurred between November 16, 2011 and December 15, 2012 to qualify for this year’s program
- Any and all applicable local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.