Roasted pumpkin seeds have always been a fall favorite. This recipe can be prepared and enjoyed during home time, and can also be sealed up for a snack on the road.
• 1½ cups – Raw Pumpkin Seeds
• ½ stick – Melted Butter
• Salt & Garlic Salt to taste
1. Place your pumpkin seeds into a colander, and rinse off all of the remaining pieces of pumpkin.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil & preheat oven to 300°.
3. Add the pumpkin seeds to the pot, and boil for 20 minutes. This will clean the seeds, and help to draw the salty flavor into the core of the seed.
4. Rinse boiled pumpkin seeds (the seeds will have changed to a grayish color).
5. Mix seeds into a bowl with melted butter.
6. Evenly spread seeds onto a baking sheet, and lightly sprinkle salt & garlic salt to taste.
7. Place the seeds into the oven and bake at 300° for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.