Android phones run on an open source operating system designed by Google. Google seems to be the OS of choice for many carriers, mainly because it’s attached to phones that are easy to upgrade.
Here’s a look at some of the hottest, highest rated Android phones currently being sold online.
The newly released HTC One is the hottest selling Android phone on the market right now. It runs on the 1.5 GHZ NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor and has a 4.7″ screen for great visibility anywhere.
HTC One X Specs
- 8MP camera unit with 28mm, f/2.2 lens
- 1280Ã—720 HD LCD Display
- 32GB of built-in memory
- 1GB of RAM
- Android 4.0 ICS
Samsung Galaxy Nexus S III
The Galaxy Nexus S III won the TIPA- Best Mobile Imaging Device and is an Amazon top-rated selling phone.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Specs
- 1GB/2GB of RAM
- 4.6 inch 1280Ã—720 AMOLED display
- under 9mm thin
- 12MP rear camera, one of the highest-performing cameras
- 1.5Ghz quad core processor
- Available through all major carriers
This one has plenty of technophiles excited. It records video in full 1080p and features full Bluetooth compatibility for truck drivers who need to communicate a lot, but need to keep their hands on the wheel.
- 3G/4G LTE connectivity
- Android 2.3 OS
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- 4.3-inch Super LCD touchscreen
- 16 GB memory + 16 GB microSD card
- 8-MP camera
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
Motorola Droid Razr
- 0.28 inches thick
- Dual-core 1.2-GHz TI OMAP 4 processor
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED advanced display
- 8-megapixel rear camera with 1080p video recording
- 16GB of internal storage expandable to 32GB
Sony Xperia S Specs
This is definitely one hot phone right now. It’s got a sleek design, fast response on the touch screen and lots of connectivity options. You can watch your HD videos straight on your HD TV thanks to the Xperia S’s easy to use connectivity. The 1.3 MP front facing camera means you can also stay in touch with friends and family via HD video chat.
- dual core 1.5 Ghz Snapdragon chip
- 4.3³ 1280Ã—720 HD display
- 1 GB of RAM
- 32 GB of storage
- 1750 mAh battery
- 12 MP rear camera