It’s no secret – the price of diesel fuel is high, and remains one of the biggest concerns of carriers and independent truck drivers. Any opportunity to save a few gallons of fuel is on the minds of truckers everywhere. So the recent announcement by Shorepower about an expansion is welcome news to truck drivers carefully watching their bottom line.
Electric power kiosks like Shorepower can run cabs and sleepers while keeping them warm with space heaters or on-board shore power compatible APUs, and allows truckers to keep all the comforts of home without excessive idling in truck stop lots.
“Shore power compatible on-board auxiliary power unit will mean a savings of close to 54,000 gallons of fuel for truckers,” said Bobby Berkstresser, owner of Whit’s Travel Center in Raphine, Virginia.
“And it means about 540 tons less of carbon dioxide being put into the air. That’s the equivalent of taking 100 cars off the road for a year. And, that’s just for seven months.”
New Locations Offering Truckstop Electrification and Plug-Ins for Hybrid Reefer Units:
- Newell’s Truck Plaza – Newton, Kansas. – 24 Plug-Ins- 5 TRUs (480V)
- Seven Feathers – Canyonville, Ore. – 36 Plug-Ins- 6 TRUs (480V)
- Wes-T-Go Travel Center – Tye, Texas. – 24 Plug-Ins- 5 TRUs (480V)
- Pilot Travel Center – Weed, Calif. – 36 Plug-Ins- 9 TRUs (480V)
- Flying J Travel Plaza – Lodi, Calif. – 36 Plug-Ins- 5 TRUs (480V)
- Hopi Travel Plaza – Holbrook, Az. – 24 Plug-Ins
- Chex Truck World – Middleburg, N.C.- Plug-Ins- 5 TRUs (480V)
- Deerfield Travel Center, Steele, Mo. – 24 Plug-Ins
- Flying J Truck Stop – Florence, S.C. – 24 Plug-Ins- 5 TRUs (480V)
- Bridges Travel Plaza – Cusseta, Ala. – 16 Plug-Ins
- West Winds Truck Stop – Green River, Utah – 24 Plug-Ins
- Russell’s Travel Center – Springer, N.M. – 24 Plug-Ins- 4 TRUs (480V)
- Johnson Corners Truck Stop – Johnstown, Colo. – 24 Plug-Ins- 5 TRUs (480V)
- Flying J Travel Plaza – Bakersfield, Calif. – 36 Plug-Ins – 5 TRUs (480V)
- Dysarts Service (Citco) – Bangor, Maine – 24 Plug-Ins- 5 TRUs (480V)
- EZ Trip – Fresno, Calif. – 24 Plug-Ins- 5 TRUs (480V)