The TCA’s first Weight Loss Showdown was a huge success. More than 90% of the participants completed the program and its participants lost a collective 3,022 pounds!
“The fact that so many competitors made it to the end and achieved so much, proves that our industry is ready to stop taking and start acting, when it comes to health and wellness,” said Chris Burruss, president of TCA.
The first round of competitors were monitored by Lindora Clinic, a personalized weight management company, and followed the Lean-for-Life Program, which is based on a low-carbohydrate, low-fat, moderate protein menu plan, along with exercise, nutrition education and lifestyle changes.
TCA’s contest eligibility and rules:
1. Contest Timeline:
– Applications Will Be Accepted Starting July 1, 2012
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED SOON!
– Carriers will be selected and announced ~August, 2012
– 10 Week Lean for Life On-the-Road Program to start September, 2012
* Carrier will receive weekly email announcements detailing the rankings of each team throughout the ten weeks
2. Carrier Rules
– Carrier agrees to appoint internal Contest Liaison to collaborate with Lindora Clinic personnel
– Carrier agrees to schedule an Orientation / Training for all participants
– Carrier agrees to create a 3-5 minute video introduction of their team to be aired at TCA’s Annual Convention
– Carrier agrees to pay for program tools and supplies for each of the participants
* Retail value of Lean for Life On-the-Road program = $480
* TCA Discount of 25% = $360 per program (Click here to see list of all program components)
* Company may purchase additional programs but only the Team Members results will be counted.
– Carrier agrees to provide a quality scale, with ability to accurately weigh all participants, in terminal for participant weigh-ins
– Winning carrier agrees to send a representative to the award presentation
– Winning carrier agrees to share their experience with the media to promote healthy trucking initiative, with TCA, Lindora Clinic and contest sponsors
3. Participant Rules
– Participant agrees to coordinate with employer’s Contest Liason for Program Orientation
– Participant agrees to a video taped interview with the carrier’s designated Contest Liaison
– Participant agrees to do an initial weigh-in, periodic weigh-ins, and a final weigh-in at end of the 10 week program
– Participant agrees to complete at least 8 out of 10 Educator calls during the 10 week Lean for Life On-the-Road program
– Participant agrees to complete the proposed program preparation and use tools provided to the best of their ability
– Participant agrees to abide by Educator’s suggested changes in lifestyle to the best of their ability
– Individual contest winners agree to share their experience with the media to promote healthy trucking initiative, with TCA, Lindora Clinic and contest sponsors
4. Tools for Success
– It is suggested that participating drivers have refrigeration units in their trucks
– It is suggested that carriers provide all participants with pedometers