There are many different brands and types of dash cameras available and they can range anywhere from $25 to $1,000+. Truck drivers should look for dashcams that utilize the truck’s mirrors and provide GPS tracking. Both of these features ensure a more credible defense should an accident arise.
Below are a few available dash camera options:
Model “Carpa-11 Dual” – 2-camera / Audio / GPS position mapping and shock recording– $299.99
- Medium resolution CMOS (640 x 480) video and audio recording (24 fps in single cam mode and 12 fps in dual mode) mp4 compression.
- The second camera (included) can be plugged into the main camera to record two views at once. (15′ long wire included for the second cam.)
- GPS position, direction, and speed gauges are shown when using the included viewer program.
- If you have an internet connection when viewing videos back, the location of that video is shown on a Google Map also!
- “Emergency” button on front saves 15 seconds of video before and after you pressed the button to not be over-written.
- Contains “G-shock” sensors which can be set to trip during “vehicle shock events” and save those videos to a special folder which will not be overwritten unless you delete them.
- Records on a SD card (8GB card included, expandable up to 32GB.) The amount of video on the card before it starts to over-write old videos depends on the size of the card (see chart to the left on this page.)
- 12V cigarette socket power cable (10 feet), a fused “direct-wire” power cable, 8Gb SD memory card, a universal USB memory card reader, and guide book are included.
- “EcoDrive” analysis program software also included. Allows you to set parameters and analyzes where on the recorded routes you could improve fuel economy and safety by reducing sudden acceleration, deceleration, and rapid turns.
- Dual video viewer application with Google map playback is included on the SD card.
Window Shield Cam offers three camera packages, ranging in price from $1,395 to $2,195. The company’s mid-range package costs $1, 895 and includes 3 Cameras (Front & Both Sides), Digital Video Recorder with 200 hour constant video recording before looping, and your choice of 7″ Sunvisor or 7″ Dash Monitor, all cables and easy do-it-yourself installation instructions.
- 4 Camera 12 Volt Vibration Proof Digital Video Recorder
- Choice of 7″ LCD “Sunvisor Monitor” or 7″ LCD Dash Monitor
- Night / Day High Resolution Color Windshield Camera
- Left & Right Side Weatherproof Wide Angle High Resolution Color Cameras c/w Aluminum Mirror Brackets
Reliable Eyewitness— BCTruckers Eyewitness Package $355.00
- Best of the Best! You get the top of the line GSE550 with GPS, a huge 32gb class 10 micro SD memory card,Extra vehicle power cable.
- GPS : On-board (dash camera specs )1920 x [email protected]
- FULL HD video resolution.
- Display：1.5″LTPS TFT LCD.
- Quick release bracket.
- Loop recording.
- USB data reader mode .
- Wide vision angle 120 degree .
- Support to 32GB Micro SD card. Vehicle engine started, video recording starts automatically. AV OUT or HDMI output, USB data reader mode available. GPS logger in GPS Google earth map .
- Collision Data protection : when encounter collision, the device will protect the present file Stop voice recording function 32gb Class 10 Micro SD Card; capable of approx. 9hrs at full HD Standard vehicle power cable 12v for cigarette plug (4 meter length )