Vigillo LLC, creators of data mining software products designed to aggregate, organize and deliver complex fleet safety information in an easy-to-read scorecard format, today announced the release of the Daylight Driver Index (TM )(DDI), a driver scoring system that describes an individual driver’s FMCSA record using CSA data. This new Vigillo product assigns a single number (0-100) based on information collected on commercial vehicle drivers during on-road safety inspections and state-reported CMV crash records.
“DDI is a fair, easily explained and entirely objective process of scoring and ranking drivers under CSA,” explained Steven Bryan, Founder & CEO of Vigillo LLC. “It’s similar to how a credit score is a single number that describes a person’s creditworthiness.”
Because drivers’ scores in the Driver Safety Measurement System (DSMS) are not publicly available, motor carriers have struggled with how to assess driver performance. With almost three quarters of a million drivers in its aggregate customer database, Vigillo is uniquely qualified to offer a solution to this problem.
Vigillo said the CSA Daylight mobile app offers:
• Carrier CSA Scorecard: Includes Percentile Rank and trending;
• Top Violations Scorecard: Ranks and trends the contributors to a carrier’s CSA scores;
• Daily Update Scorecard: Reveals new data that arrives each day;
• Driver Scorecard: Ranks and trends drivers by CSA points contributed or and DDI (Daylight Driver Index) score;
• Driver Search: Find any driver in your fleet quickly to review CSA impact instantly;
• Driver Scorecard Drill-Down: Reveals driver violations, crash detail and DDI score; and
• Live mobile connection to the Vigillo CSA blog.