Do you work for a fleet with a great safety record? If your fleet has at least one Class 8 Volvo tractor in operation, your company has a chance to win $25,000 and a professionally produced video profile sent to press outlets around the country.
The contest has two categories: Fleets judged under the Division 1 rules are for companies that log under 20 million miles each year. Fleets judged under the Division 2 rules are for companies that log more than 20 million miles a year. Other qualifying guidelines are as follows:
- Only fleets operating at least five Class 8 tractor units in the United States or Canada are eligible.
- Only fleets operating with at least one Volvo tractor are eligible.
- Each applicant must show accidents and mileage on the Application Form.
- Frequency rates must be calculated by the applicant and will be verified by a judging panel.
- Previous Volvo Safety Award winners are not eligible to win.
Winners of the award in past years are Stagecoach Cartage (2011), and Upper Lakes Foods, Inc (2010). If you wish to be considered for this year’s award, you must turn in entry forms by July 31, 2012.
You may enter the contest by downloading printable forms and mailing it in, or you can enter the Volvo Fleet Safety Award Competition online here.