The Oregon Department of Transportation is warning motorists to expect delays of up to twenty minutes on Sunday, November 24- Monday, November 25 as trucks hauling oversized loads of water purification equipment and parts will be heading from the Port of Umatilla and heading south east through Umatilla, Grant, Baker and Malheur counties in eastern Oregon. The load is heading to the Idaho border near Homedale, Idaho.
The load will travel through Interstate 84, U.S. 730, U.S. 395, U.S. 26, U.S. 20 and OR201.
The load will the in transient from 10:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
Oregon warns travelers that the flow of traffic will be slowed and to expect delays of up to twenty minutes, because the load will take up two lanes. Traffic will be stopped on the highways along five to seven-mile segments.
In addition, the load will pull over every five to seven miles to allow traffic to pass.
Below is the travel route through eastern Oregon:
- From the junction with Devore Rd and U.S.730 near Umatilla to I-84 Exit 188 near Stanfield via U.S.395 southbound.
- From I-84 Exit 188 near Stanfield to I-84 Exit 209 at Pendleton via I-84 eastbound. This includes multiple “up and over” locations (carrier to take the exit, proceed through traffic control device at the top of the intersection, and re-enter the freeway), including Echo Rd Exit 193, Lorenzen Rd Exit 198, Barnhart Rd Exit 202, and U.S.30 Exit 207.
- From I-84 Exit 209 in Pendleton to the junction with U.S. 26 in Mt Vernon via U.S.395 southbound, going through Pilot Rock, Ukiah, and Long Creek.
- From Mt Vernon and John Day via U.S.26/U.S.395 eastbound.
- From John Day to Vale via U.S.26 eastbound, going through Prairie City, Unity, Ironside,and Jamieson.
- From Vale to Clark Blvd (approximately 1 mile west of the junction with OR201) via U.S.20/U.S.26 eastbound.
- From the junction with U.S.20/U.S.26 to the junction with OR201 (approximately 1 mile west of Nyssa) via Clark Blvd southbound.
- From Clark Blvd near Nyssa to the junction with OR201 Spur via OR201 southbound, going through Adrian.
- From the junction with OR201 to the Idaho state line near Homedale, ID, via OR201 Spur eastbound.
See attached pdf for full news release and route details.