Our family loves having breakfast for dinner. I put this recipe in the crockpot on Christmas Eve night, and we awoke to a delicious Christmas breakfast. This recipe is also great if you like breakfast for dinner. Just pour all the ingredients in the crockpot in the morning, and it’s ready just in time for dinner.
This recipe is from the Jimmy Dean website.
- 1 pkg. (26-32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
2 cup (8 ounces) shredded cheese
1/2 cup diced green and red peppers
6 green onions, sliced
1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes on the bottom of slow cooker.
2. Top with half of the sausage, cheese, peppers and green onion. Repeat layering.
3. Beat eggs, milk salt and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
4. Pour evenly over potato-sausage mixture.
5. Cook on low setting for 8 hours or on high setting for 4 hours or until eggs are set.
Substitute 1 pkg. Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage Roll, cooked, crumbled for Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles.