The popular truck driving simulation game has expanded routes from Europe into eastern states like Poland and the Czech Republic. The expansion pack was in answer to many fans of the game who had developed custom route maps on their own, so SCS decided to make it official and put their team of coders on the project.
As the SCS Software statement noted, “With all respect to our truck sim games’ fans across the globe, Polish fan community is one of the most active and most supportive. Cooperation between CDP and SCS in Poland is also exemplary. So we felt that this region is a great candidate for testing out if creating map expansions is going to become a viable business for SCS Software.”
SCS Software also makes the popular American counterpart to the game, called 18 Wheels of Steel. There’s a new version of that game also rumored to be in development.
What is Euro Truck Simulator 2?
It’s a game that’s built to mimic the real conditions of the road while driving an 18 wheeler through conditions like hazardous weather, hairpin turns, congested traffic and more.
- Transport a vast variety of cargo across more than 60 European cities.
- Run your own business which continues to grow even as you complete your freight deliveries.
- Build your own fleet of trucks, buy garages, hire drivers, manage your company for maximum profits.
- A varied amount of truck tuning that range from performance to cosmetic changes.
- Customize your vehicles with optional lights, bars, horns, beacons, smoke exhausts, and more.
- Thousands of miles of real road networks with hundreds of famous landmarks and structures.