By: Melissa Cook- My Crazy Life As A Trucker’s Wife
While sitting here at the dentist with the twins, I see a man and a woman sitting to the left of me. They are married and have been for quite some time. I overhear them talking about their 19th anniversary coming up and jokingly talking about how they put up with one another which got me thinking… How does one keep the spark alive? It’s especially hard being the wife, husband or significant other of a truck driver with him being gone for weeks at a time.
Here is a list of some things I put together that’s worth a shot at trying, if you’ve lost your spark!
1) Tuck special love notes around his truck, or if you can’t get access to his truck, do a few envelopes with notes in them… Tell him only open when you tell him to open one.
2) Video chat when the kiddos go to bed. Remember, ladies, get sexy. Do some make-up… A special outfit… You don’t have to be right in front of him to be sexy!
3) Send him special pictures. For “His” eyes only, so to speak. Provocative photos that show nothing speak louder than full nudes!
4) When he is home, set a special night aside just for you and him, whether it’s going out for dinner and dancing or just spending a quiet night at home watching movies.
5) Men!! Bring home surprise flowers, send her gifts that she don’t know about… Imagine the look on her face when she gets a package in the mail she had no idea was coming?
We ALL get lonely but it’s up to us to keep our romances alive. Some relationships flow smoothly and some need a jump start… All we need is love according to The Beatles. Maybe they were right!