Yesterday, TravelCenters of America announced the opening of its newest state-of-the-art location in Gary, Indiana.
The travel center is located at I-80/I-94, Exit 9, (3001 Grant Street) and is situated on 29 acres of land.
The facility was designed to accommodate drivers who haul steel in an out of “Steel City.” According to a press release, TravelCenters of America worked closely with Gary City officials to design the facility and to ensure it would have a positive impact on the city’s development.
Specifically, Petro Gary, open 24/7/365, offers:
- 450 truck parking spaces, 62 car parking spaces;
- 16 diesel lanes, all equipped to pump bulk DEF, and 12 BP-branded gasoline fueling locations;
- an 8-bay Petro:Lube truck service facility, and RoadSquad™ emergency roadside service, available 24/7/365;
- A 160-seat state-of-the-art Iron Skillet® full-service restaurant with a buffet and StayFit® menu options, and designated seating for professional drivers;
- a 5,000 square-foot travel store stocked with driver merchandise, beverages, and fresh, to-go meal options, including better-for-you snack choices;
- a combination Taco Bell/Pizza Hut quick-service restaurant;
- 15 driver showers operated by a fully automated reservation system, also accessible through the TA/Petro TruckSmart® mobile app;
- a FREE StayFit® fitness room (free to professional drivers who are UltraONE® Driver Rewards Program members);
- a laundry facility with machines that accept credit/debit card payments and send the user a text message when the cycle is finished;
- a full-service Verizon® UltraMobile wireless store;
- Reserve-It™ Parking that allows professional drivers to reserve a parking space;
- Professional driver movie, TV, and game rooms;
- WiFi, ATM, check cashing, TripPak services, and much more!
“We rebuilt this travel center with the professional driver in mind. I hope you will come see the grand driver entrance, the wide open space and the level of care and planning that went into this facility. I’m particularly proud of the huge, well-lit parking lot,” said Tom O’Brien, President and CEO of TravelCenters. “TA and Petro locations average nearly 200 truck parking spots per location, which averages to be nearly double that of other chains.”
“Today’s ribbon cutting represents another win for the City of Gary,” said Freeman-Wilson. “This is a first rate facility that our citizens will be able to patronize and most important, Gary residents are also being employed.”
Sign up for the CDLLife Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get today's top trucking news delivered to your inbox.