A 33-year-old truck driver from Minnesota received an electric shock while tarping his load.
The incident occurred at approximately 9:30 a.m., Thursday morning at Toy’s Scrap and Salvage in Seymour, Wisconsin.
The Northern Metal Recycling driver had just picked up a load at Toy’s Scrap and Salvage. While he was tarping his load when his electronic tarp roller came in contact with a 69,000-volt power line.
The jolt threw the driver off the truck and sparked a fire which was contained to the trailer.
The driver suffered electrical burns and was transported to the hospital then to a local burn center. The driver’s name and condition have not been released.
The utility company had to interrupt power to the lines so the truck could be moved away.