Last week marked the beginning of the Australian Super Truck racing season.
- A sport which got it’s start in Australia in 1988 with a few simple tractor/prime mover units which had been unhooked from trailers, and fitted with a harness for the driver. Today all trucks are required to be single drive unit without sleepers or other accessories.
- There is also a ‘Light Truck’ category which predominantly consists of Isuzu SBR/FSR’s – but can include any vehicle below a 3 tonne, 7500 cc engine capacity. – Making this class much more economical and nimble than the traditional ‘Super Truck.’
The first round was held on September 14th and 15th, at the Wakefield Park Raceway, and was won by Steven Zammit with a lap time of 1:17.7369.
- Steven Zammit | SRZ Racing – 1:17.7369
- Rob Waters | DayNite Racing – 1:18.1268
- Steve Coulter | Trevor Page Racing – 1:20.1403
- Frank Amoroso | Fate Racing – 1:22.6113
- Fletcher Christian | Highlands Truck Racing – 1:26.4930
- Larry Hawke | 2Crazy Racing – 1:37.8842
- Round 2 | 5th & 6th October, 2013
- Round 3 | 9th & 10th November, 2013
- Round 4 | 23rd & 24th November, 2013