- Drivers must take a 30 minute rest break within the first 8 hours of coming on duty. If drivers take his rest break too early into their day, they may have to take second break.
- It would be best for the driver to take this break about 6 to 7 hours into his or her day to prevent having to take the second break.
- 34-Hour restart could result in some challenges that will impact operations.
- A driver utiliizing the 34-hour restart must have two a.m. breaks from the hours of 1:00 a.m. though 5:00 a.m.
- Only restart once a week or every 168 hours.
Sign up for the CDLLife Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get today's top trucking news delivered to your inbox.