We recently asked the CDLLife audience to spill their vast knowledge of weigh station DO’s & DON’Ts. Here’s what our expert drivers had to say:
- Be Respectful
- Be Patient
- Be Prepared | Have your paperwork ready.
- Be Pleasant
- Roll Down Your Window
- Keep A Clean Truck & A Clear Dash
- Pay Attention to Scale Speed Limits
- Turn Down the Radio
- Keep 100 feet between yourself and the next truck.
- Buckle Up
- Listen and Follow Directions
- Keep up a neat & tidy appearance.
- Know the DOT Laws
- Keep Your Dash Cam On
- Act like the professional that you are!
- Don’t Use Sarcasm. – Regardless of the obvious nature of questions you may need to answer.
- Don’t Speed Through The Scales
- Don’t Make Jokes About Illegal Activity
- Don’t Use Your cell phone or Bluetooth while stopped.
- Don’t Slam On Your Brakes On The Scales
- Don’t Smoke / Spit Tobacco In The Scale Area
Here’s one of the best pieces of advice we received from CDLLife community member, Dan Coffey!