The holiday season tends to leave you with at least a few items you don’t know what to do with. Whether it’s an ugly holiday sweater from grandma or a gift card to a store you don’t normally frequent, you just may be able to get what you really wanted after all.
There are a number of places you can trade your gift cards for one or more gift cards of your choosing. If you want to stay away from gift cards altogether, you can also trade them for cash. Although we can’t help you decide what to do with your ugly holiday sweater, we have compiled a list of websites where you can exchange gift cards for other cards or for cash.
Gift Card Granny
Gift Card Rescue
A Few Facts about Gift Cards
- Nearly $90 billion is gifted in gift cards each year
- About $8 billion in gift cards go unused each year
- Over 23 million consumers have gift cards from last year
- Gift cards are the #1 holiday gift (64% of consumers buy or receive one)
Why Aren’t Gift Cards Used?
- 58% of consumers do not have enough time to use them
- 35% of consumers did not find anything they want to buy
- 32% of consumers forgot about their card
- 7% of consumers lost their card or let it expire
If you end up using one of the above websites to trade gift cards, we’d love to know what kind of deal you received. Let us know in the comment section below!