The following is a small compiling of some of the things you should NEVER say to an over-the-road trucker’s significant other, along with the smart ass response you can give someone who is dumb enough to ask or say any of these things!
- Do you miss him? (Well, No, I don’t miss him. I enjoy being alone in our bed every night).
- I Don’t Know How You Do It! (Do what? I’m a wife of a trucker, and I love it.)
- I know just how you feel. (Do you? Do you sleep alone every night? Oh no, your husband is home!)
- Are you scared something may happen to him? (Well, DUH!!!)
- I would die if my husband left me for that long! (Really? Maybe we should test that and see what happens!)
- Aren’t you worried he is going to cheat on you? (Seriously?)
- He must make a LOT of money! (Oh yea! We are just rolling in the dough.-NOT!)
- Don’t the kids miss him? (Oh my goodness, why would you even ask such a question?)
- Are you excited he is coming home? (Oh Heck No. I clean like this and shave everyday!)
- Why couldn’t he get a ‘Real Job?’ (Real Job? What does your husband do that is so special?)
**Disclaimer…this is intended for a laugh! NOT to be taken seriously! !**
Sign up for the CDLLife Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get today's top trucking news delivered to your inbox.