If you love hunting down bargains on every day items, Walmart has introduced a new feature to its app that will find those savings for you! Introducing: Savings Catcher.
Here’s how Savings Catcher works:
1. Scan the code at the bottom of your printed Walmart store receipt using the Walmart app.
2. Savings catcher will then compare the prices of the eligible items on your receipt against advertised deals offered by top competitors in your area and send you the results within 72 hours. The ads must be valid at the time you made the purchase.
3. If a lower advertised price is found for the exact same item, Walmart will give you back the difference on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card sent to you via email.
When you want to cash in your Savings Catcher Rewards Dollars, just print out the email then hand it to the cashier at any Walmart store or enter the rewards number and pin on Walmart.com.
For more information on Walmart Rewards eGift Cards click here.
There’s no minimum purchase required to participate and you can save up to $599 per year with the program. However, Savings Catcher restricts the number receipts allowed to seven per week.
If you don’t want to download the app or you device is not compatible, you can also enter the receipt number (the TC number) into the Savings Catcher on their website here.
The Walmart Savings Catcher does not include items that require a separate purchase to get the advertised price, BOGO sales, percent off prices (like 30% off an item), closeout prices or online purchases.
Additionally, there are quite a few a number of specific items Savings Catcher does not apply to including:
– Store brands, deli, bakery and weighed items like meat
– General merchandise items, (including, but not limited to, electronics, media and gaming, toys, sporting goods, housewares, small appliances, home décor, bedding, books and magazines, apparel and shoes, jewelry, furniture and seasonal products)
– Non-branded items
– Tobacco, firearms, gasoline, tires, prescription drugs, optical and photo products and services, or products that require a service agreement such as wireless, automotive or financial products
There are mixed online reviews about the Savings Catcher program with some shoppers saying they scored great savings to others reporting the feature missed local deals completely. Nonetheless, the app was given a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars from 55,916 reviewers on Google Play, but a majority of those could be from before Savings Catcher was introduced to the app earlier this month.
For Android users, you can download the app on Google Play here
If you want to download the app on your Apple device, click here.