Do you know a truck driver who has put him or herself in harm’s way to help another? Nominate them today for Goodyear’s 32nd annual Highway Hero award!
To nominate a driver, visit Goodyear Truck Tires website. If the driver you nominate is selected, you will win $1,000 and the Highway Hero will win $5,000!
Nominations must be submitted by November 29, 2014.
Candidates will be narrowed down to four finalists. A panel of trucking industry media representatives will then select the Highway Hero Award winner announced next March during the 2015 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) in Louisville, KY.
Who is eligible?
– Must be a full-time truck driver
– Must reside in the U.S. or Canada
– The heroic incident must have happened in the U.S. or Canada
– Nominee’s truck must have had at least 12 wheels at the time of the incident
– Nominee must have been on the job or on the way to or from work, and in his or her truck at the time of the incident
– Incident must have taken place between Nov. 16, 2013 and Nov. 16, 2014
– Any and all applicable local, state and federal taxes are sole responsibility of the winners
Nominations can also be mailed to the Goodyear Highway Hero Award Headquarters; Dept. 798A; 200 Innovation Way, Akron, OH 44316.
Goodyear established the Highway Hero Award in 1983. Last year’s award went to truck driver Jason Harte, who rescued a family of six, including four children, from a crushed minivan.
This year’s Goodyear Highway Hero Award winner Ivan Vasovic, a truck driver from Rancho Cucamonga, California, rescued another driver who had fallen from a burning tanker that was hanging over the side of a freeway overpass. Here’s a video of him accepting the award: