Most trucking professionals know that faxing paper work like bills of lading, fuel receipts or weight tickets is just part of the job. Instead of hunting down a fax machine and paying a hefty fee to send it off, take a look at this new app from Apple that turns your phone into a scanner.
TinyScan Pro is considered the little app that scans everything. It turns your phone into a portable scanner and saves scanned images to your phone as images or PDFs. The cost to download is only $4.99. For many truckers, that’s easily a fraction of the cost to send only one round of paperwork!
Aside from being well designed and easy to use, it allows you to organize multiple scans into folders or share them through email, dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive or Box. It also has Wifi so you can send the documents directly to your computer for printing.
And with so many features you may not even need, this is a no-brainer for those who do a lot of paperwork:
– Scan in color or black and white with 5 levels of contrast
– Detects the page edges automatically for a PDF
– Enhances the scans by adjusting the brightness and contrast
– Combine the scans into one document
– Thumbnail or list view, as well as sort by date or title
– Quick search by document title
– Passcode protected
– Works on iPhone, iPad too!
Now you can do the faxing from exactly where you happen to be for not much cost!