If your route frequently takes you through Montana, you’ve got to check out the Montana Department of Transportation’s newest app.
The Montana Department of Transportation this week released a new app that provides road conditions, weather, incidents and highway closure information.
In addition, the app features remote camera feeds from cameras that are located throughout the state. The videos can be viewed on your smartphone.
The FREE app is available for Android and iPhone users. The app can be downloaded at Go Mobile – Travel Info or downloaded for free from the app store.
From Montana Department of Transportation:
Motorists are also reminded of the following:
- Don’t crowd the plow. The front plow extends several feet in front of the truck and may cross the centerline and shoulders during plowing operations.
- Don’t tailgate snowplows. Snowplows are usually spreading deicing materials from the back of the truck and may need to stop quickly. If you find yourself behind a snowplow, stay behind it or use caution when passing.
- Snowplows travel slower than the posted speeds while removing snow and ice from the roads. When you spot a plow, allow plenty of time to slow down.
- A snowplow operator’s field of vision is restricted. Don’t travel alongside a plow for long periods of time.
- Turn off cruise control in the winter.
- Drive with headlights on.
- Expect ice or frost on bridge decks and shaded areas.
- No matter the season have a sober driver and always buckle up.
iPhone, iPad or Android users
Don’t have Android or iOS?
Use the online content at http://roadreport.mdt.mt.gov/travinfomobile/ and get the latest road condition information.