Omega Integrated Logistics Group and Omega Trucking, is a subsidiary of Omega Logistics Services, provide a “suite of world-class services including third party logistics, warehousing and trucking services.”
Omega currently has 580 employees, a fleet of more than 320 trucks and more than 450 drivers. The company, “offers a comprehensive menu of logistics services for operating partner.”
According to the Omega Trucking website, the company is now offering an unheard of sign-on bonus of $25,000 to owner operators who sign on on or before June 1, 2014. To qualify, the owner operator must commit to 18 months of continuous employment. If the owner operator does not reach the 18-month commitment, he or she must pay back the balance based on the period worked.
“With a trucking legacy dating back to his birth Edwin G. Johnson II. a second generation trucking company owner formed Omega after having left the industry through selling Elite Transport, Inc., in 2008 for $8.2 million after building the company from 2 to 89 power units. Mr. Johnson found investors and good operating partners through teaming with Mr. Monte Davis, and Mr. Bobby Thomas who both serve as a board directors. Each partner shares in the vision of building Omega based on the vision and guidance of Mr. Johnson,” Omega Trucking states.
According to Omega, driver requirements are as follows:
MINIMUM DRIVER QUALIFICATIONS
*All drivers must MEET and MAINTAIN the following for eligibility!
- Must be at least 21 years of age, able to pass DOT physical & Drug screen, and be able to meet all guidelines and requirements outlined by the FMCSR and OMEGA company policy.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months recent verifiable Over-The-Road Tractor Trailer driving experience.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL from State of residence
- No felony convictions in last 7 Years (All convictions under than 7 years must be reviewed by Safety for approval)
- No positive drug or alcohol results or refusals in work history
- No misdemeanor or felony drug trafficking convictions or major violent ever.
- No DUI/DWI ever in commercial vehicle, not more than 2 in lifetime. Any DUI/DWI must be older than 10 years old from date of conviction and must be approved by safety before hire and/or continuing qualification.
- No PREVENTABLE DOT RECORDABLE accidents in the last 2 years. No more than 2 in the last 5 years. *All occurrences will be reviewed by safety. More serious occurrences could result in immediate disqualification after review.
- No preventable accidents involving a fatality in the last 10 years.
- No disqualifying traffic offenses in the last 36 months! They are as follows: No more than 5 moving violations in the past 36 months. No more than 2 in the past 12 months
- Any speed of 15 or more above the speed limit
- Reckless driving conviction
- Improper or erratic lane change
- Following too closely
- Hit & run
- Failure to report an accident
- No suspensions for moving violations in past 36 months for a moving violation
- No more than 2 involuntary terminations in the last 3 years for safety issues. *All Involuntary Terminations are considered serious and will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- No current license suspension or revocation
- No equipment or load abandonment ever.
- Must be willing to run under forced dispatch.
- Qualifications are subject to change based on driver circumstances