The Ohio Department of Transportation announced that from Sunday at 7:00 p.m. until Monday at 6:00 a.m. southbound Interstate 75, between U.S. 6 and Cygnet Road while crews work on pavement repairs.
While the interstate is closed, traffic will be detoured onto Route 6, at exit 179 to Ohio 25 and then to Cygnet Road.
According to the Ohio Department of Transportation, the following restrictions and closures will take place:
• Southbound Route 25, between Gypsy Lane Road to Route 6 will be reduced to one lane.
• The ramp from southbound Route 25 to eastbound Route 6 will be closed. Detour: Gypsy Lane Road, Rudolph Road
• The ramp from eastbound Route 6 to northbound Route 25 will be closed. Detour: Rudolph Road, Gypsy Lane Road.
• The ramp from route 6 to southbound I-75 will be closed. Detour: Route 25.
• Eastbound Cygnet Road at Rudolph Road will be closed. Detour: Rudolph Road, Oil Center Road, Grant Road.
In addition, ODOT will close the southbound I-75 rest area that is located at Route 6.
ODOT is warning drivers to “expect long delays on southbound I-75, Route 25 and Cygnet Road.” ODOT is urging drivers to find alternate routes and avoid the area.