Just like the Rand McNally, this Garmin features a 7” high-resolution screen, but the Garmin also extra-loud enhanced speakers to help with voice navigation. It is Garmin’s only truck navigator with Active Lane Guidance (ALG). ALG prepares you to navigate interchanges. As you approach turns and exits your screen will display two images. On the left you will see your route and on the right SLG will will show you a live-action model shows you what lane you need to be in with enough time to exit safely. Truck-friendly features:
- Customized truck routing that includes truck-related road restrictions
- Free Lifetime Maps and Traffic
- Smartphone link capable with Android software
- Compatible with back-up camera (sold seperately)
- Log Management – You record fuel usage and t will automatically record state mileage for IFTA fuel logging. Also if you log hours it will track and warn you of potential Hour of Service violations.
Customer Review: Bought this to replace the piece of crap they call the “Escort Passport IQ.” I had so much problem with the GPS I started researching and talking to other drivers. So far this is the new King of the Hill, with a light weight 7″ screen. It has 3 modes, truck, RV or auto. It allows you to plot your route and for oversize it alerts you if size or weight restrictions exceed the road. I can already see this is going to save me tons of headaches. It has a complete touchscreen keyboard and the address searches are quick. Lifetime map and traffic updates are included. With Bluetooth it is Android compatible; I linked mine to be hands free,voice activated and phone number display. it also allows me to use its weather and radar apps! Way Cool! For truckers it has a built in Log Manager that will log your Hours of Service and status and it will track your hours and automatically warn of potential HOS violations. And its all cheaper than a ticket.