It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a … truck driver?
As they say in the Spiderman comics, “with great power comes great responsibility”. Being in charge of 80,000 pounds of freight and thousands of dollars worth of cargo gives you a ton of power and even more responsibility. But the similarities between truckers and superheroes doesn’t end there!
1. Like superheroes, truck drivers have a secret identity. When you hop into your cab and turn on your CB, you’re not Randy or Todd or Cheryl anymore. You’re now “Rooster” or “Black Ice” or “Outlaw”. And that’s pretty cool.
2. Truckers have a disguise. When you’re on the road, you might not be wearing a mask or a cape, but the height of your truck and the coverage it provides does help to conceal your true identity. Bwahahahaha!
3. Truck drivers face supervillains every day. Dispatchers who don’t get it. Highway Patrol performing another enhanced enforcement on commercial vehicles. And never forget the dreaded Lot Lizard. Truck drivers are fighting off super villains left and right every day. Seriously, though, we’d take fighting the Joker over a simple conversation with a DOT officer any day.
4. Truck drivers work together to defeat evil. Not unlike the Avengers, truckers who are up against something too big for them to handle on their own can call on their brothers and sisters on the road to fight evil forces like drunk drivers and rude 4-wheeler drivers.
5. Truckers help the helpless. Like all superheroes, truck drivers are constantly taking a stand against injustice and danger for those who can’t stand up for themselves.
6. Drivers do a job everyday that most people can’t do or are afraid to do. The biggest similarity between truck drivers and superheroes is that they both do heroic tasks on a daily basis — which, for the most part, go unnoticed by the average person.