Any truck driver who has ever used WD-40 probably already has respect for what it can do in terms of loosening stuck parts. But this handy product with a patented trade secret formula can be used for many applications that you’d never expect!
1. Fight back against bugs. A direct spray on an unwanted bug gets you an almost instant kill. You can also spray it around the doors and windows of your truck to discourage bugs from entering (Make sure you avoid inhaling the fumes, of course).
2. Waterproof your work boots. To keep water from leaking into your boots, just give them a thin coat of WD-40. It also gets rid of road salt stains if you spray the stain and then wipe it with a cloth.
3. Keep snow from sticking to your windshield. A quick coat of WD-40 next winter and the snow will slide right off!
4. Degrease your hands. If you’ve got stubborn grease on your hands from working on your truck, spray a small amount of WD-40 on your palms, rub them together, then wash as usual.
5. Condition leather. Whether you want to soften and preserve a leather jacket or the seat of your truck, all you need to do is spray on a small amount of WD-40 and buff it in with a cloth.
6. Get dead bugs off of your windshield. A bug encrusted windshield is often a fact of life for truckers, but it doesn’t have to be. A few squirts of WD-40 before you hit the road and the june bugs and cicadas will slide off your windshield.
7. Keep your tools from rusting out. Rub a little WD-40 into your tools to keep rust at bay and extend their life!