Toothpaste is one of those things all truck drivers always have on hand — and it can really help you in some unexpected ways!
7 Ways Toothpaste Can Make Life on the Road a Little Easier
- Clean your chrome. A small amount of toothpaste on a wet cloth is all you need to make your chrome shine!
- Save a DVD from a scratch. Rub a teeny amount of toothpaste on the scratch, then buff the disc gently with a soft towel. Finish by wiping away residue with a slightly damp cloth.
- Remove stubborn odors from food containers. Tupperware containers can become chronically stinky while you’re on the road. Toothpaste and water make a super scrub that will help to get rid of odors.
- Fix scuffed leather. Rub in a dab of toothpaste to the scuff, then wipe with a damp cloth.
- Clean your headlights. Make a paste with toothpaste and water to scrub away substances that are clouding your headlights.
- Remove stinky substances from hands. If you’ve touched something smelly and can’t shake the stink, wash your hands with toothpaste to deodorize.
- Nix a zit. No one wants to walk around with a pimple! Dab toothpaste (it has to be paste, not gel) onto the zit to dry it out and clear it up fast.