Most of us love the way that garlic tastes and smells in food, but did you know that it also has impressive health benefits? Here are just a few ways that you can improve your health with this inexpensive and easy to obtain vegetable.
1. Treat hair loss. You can rub sliced garlic cloves on your scalp to help slow and even reverse hair loss. You may not be the most popular person at the truck stop right after you try this, but your hair will thank you!
2. Get rid of pimples. Because of garlic’s strong antioxidant properties, it is a great natural acne fighter. Just rub a cut slice of garlic on a pimple to start seeing clearer skin soon.
3. Stay cold-free. The antioxidants in garlic are great for boosting your immune system. Try cooking with as much garlic as possible. You can also make a tea with hot water and garlic slices, but be warned — the taste is pretty intense.
4. Keep your weight under control. Studies show that a diet rich in garlic is linked to lower body weight. If you’re looking to lose weight, try adding more garlic to the foods you eat.
5. Take out a tough splinter. This is a folk remedy that has been around for years. Apply a slice of garlic to your splinter and cover with a bandage. The garlic is said to help the splinter work its way out.
6. Kick athlete’s foot to the curb. Garlic has impressive antifungal properties. A footbath with water and several cloves of crushed garlic might be just the thing to get rid of a case of athlete’s foot.
7. Treat cold sores. Garlic acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, helping to reduce the pain and swelling of cold sores. Simply place some crushed garlic on your cold sore to start feeling better fast.
8. Keep mosquitos and other bugs at bay. Insects hate the scent of garlic, so you can either rub sliced garlic directly on your skin for a natural repellant. If you’re not trying to keep other people at bay, too, you can get a similar effect by just keeping a few cloves of garlic close