By: Heidi O.
Do you have everything you would need in one place in case of any emergency in your truck? Do you keep your papers together so you can grab and go? Do you keep spare blankets and bottles of water in case you are stuck for a long length of time in the cold? Do you feel like you are prepared?
Well, here are some tips and tricks from other drivers that may help you in the future:
- In case of a fire or other emergency, keep a small plastic tote or a folder with things such as insurance paperwork, passports, birth certificates, information for bank and credit cards, important phone numbers, etc. Keep all of this important information in one place.
- If you are a woman, keep your purse in an easy to reach place in case of any emergency.
- If you travel with pets, keep any leashes and information easy to reach.Always keep extra blankets and bottles of waters and sustainable food in your truck, especially during the coldest and hottest months of the year.
- Keep your emergency contacts marked in your phone under ICE (In Case of Emergency) so any medical or emergency personnel can contact them in a timely fashion.
- Always try to make sure your loved ones know what area you are going to be in if the weather is looking bad or if you aren’t feeling well so they can have someone check on you.
There are many other things you can do to prepare for any and all emergencies, but this is a guide to help get you in the right direction.
Please feel free to comment in any other tips and tricks you have to be prepared!
Have a great day and DRIVE SAFE!!