RoadPro® Family of Brands Launches Redesigned, Next Generation PowerDrive® Power Inverters
Palmyra, PA — April 22, 2015 —More power, a dashboard-mounted control panel, additional ports and outlets and a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone app are among the new features in PowerDrive 2.0, a comprehensive upgrade to the industry-leading line of inverters for truckers, mobile business and leisure travelers.
“PowerDrive has always provided rugged power that drives your lifestyle. The new, improved lineup of PowerDrive 2.0 inverters offers drivers more power, mobility and convenience,” said Charles White, Vice President, Brands & Marketing, DAS Companies, Inc., the parent company of PowerDrive.
PowerDrive 2.0 addresses all your portable power needs with a lineup of nine inverters, as well as the PowerDrive 300 Amp Rechargeable Jump Start System. All inverters, ranging from 100 watts to the new 3000-watt unit, have been upgraded with additional features.
Among the new features:
· A new 3000-watt inverter is the most powerful in the PowerDrive lineup, and is easily capable of running refrigerators and other power-hungry appliances that make life on the road more comfortable. Other inverters are available in 2000, 1500, 1000, 750, 300, 150, 120 and 100 watts.
· A removable control panel that can be mounted on the dashboard allows drivers to use the inverters without having to reach under the seat or take their eyes off the road. This safety and convenience feature is available in the 3000, 2000, 1500 and 1000 watt inverters.
· A PowerDrive app (Android-approved; iOS approval pending) allows users to remotely access inverter features from their smartphones or tablets from up to 66 feet away through Bluetooth® connectivity. (Available for the 3000, 2000, 1500 and 1000 watt inverters.)
· All nine PowerDrive inverters now have two USB ports with 5-volt DC output to allow more devices to be charged.
· More three-prong AC outlets for flexible charging combinations: four in the 3000, 2000, 1500 and 1000 watt inverters; three in the 150 watt inverter; two in the 750 and 300 watt inverters and one in the 120 and 100 watt versions.
· The inverters now illuminate when in use, making it easier to see controls and check that the inverters are reliably powered.
These improvements are the first comprehensive upgrades to the PowerDrive lineup, which was introduced six years ago to make it easier to bring the comforts of home to the road.
“We added features and capacity because that’s what our customers asked for,” White said. “Today’s drivers are traveling with more appliances and electronics than ever and they need inverters that are powerful, mobile, convenient and reliable.”
PowerDrive 2.0 retains the popular features that made the original lineup rugged, versatile and reliable: a tach switch, 24-inch heavy duty installation cables optimized for maximum power, swivel direct plugs for mounting ease in tight places, replaceable fuses, an output wattage indicator and voice alarm.
The PowerDrive 2.0 lineup was featured at the RoadPro® Family of Brands booth at the 2015 Mid-America Trucking Show March 26-28 in Louisville, KY. PowerDrive 2.0 will be available in travel centers and retailers nationwide beginning in May.
For more information about PowerDrive 2.0, go to www.powerdriveinverters.com.
A member of the RoadPro® Family of Brands, PowerDrive delivers mobile power supply solutions that convert your vehicle’s battery power (DC electricity) to household power (AC electricity) keeping your devices powered for an on-the-go lifestyle. For further information, please visit www.PowerDriveInverters.com.
About RoadPro® Brands
RoadPro Brands is a division of DAS Companies, Inc. It designs and manages the proprietary RoadPro Family of Brands, distinctly created to bring the comforts of home to the road. With truck & auto supplies, travel gear, and mobile electronics, our brands offer safety, convenience, comfort and connectedness to on-the-go consumers. The RoadPro Family of Brands delivers product quality at a great value—distributed exclusively through DAS divisions. The RoadPro Family of Brands includes; RoadKing®, Wilson®, MobileSpec®, PowerDrive®, RoadPro®, K40, Astatic®, Francis®, LUMAgear®, BlackCanyon Outfitters, and Ninja Odor Fighters. RoadPro brands are sold at most Travel Centers across the country. To learn more about the RoadPro Family of Brands, please visit www.RoadProBrands.com.
About DAS Companies, Inc.
DAS Companies, Inc. is a full-service marketing and supply chain portfolio company. Privately held, DAS Companies, Inc., designs, imports, and distributes truck & auto supplies, travel gear, and mobile electronics that offer safety, convenience, comfort and connectedness to on-the-go consumers, through a series of channel partnerships, including: Travel Centers, Convenience Stores, Heavy Duty Trucking, Electronic & Specialty Retailers.