By Heidi O.
You know you’re a trucker when… 😀
1. You recognize your friends by the make of their trucks.
2. You cry when the toll roads raise their rates for 18 wheelers.
3. You can identify different truck stop coffee by taste.
4. You drive to survive.
5. You use your dishwasher to clean truck parts.
6. You feel like every 4 wheeler is out to get you.
7. Nothing heals like 18 wheels.
8. You can’t imagine your life without trucking or the memories of trucking.
9. You make your truck payment before any other bills are paid.
10. You relate more to a child asking you to pump the air horn than you do to other adults.
11. Your dirty clothes smell like exhaust and DEF fluid.
12. Your hairdryer has stacks.
13. You have more pictures of your truck than you do of your kids and/or grandkids.
14. You subconsciously wave at other truckers when you’re in your personal vehicle.
15. You give up trying to explain to people why you truck because if they have to ask, they wouldn’t understand.
16. You hate that you were in front of your computer long enough to read this and not trucking and making money.
17. Your ass hurts, your back is killing you, but you know you must get the load to its destination so you wait to get out to stretch.
18. You buy chrome for your spouse for birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays.
19. The gifts you buy your family usually come from the truck stops.
20. You help more people than the government.