In an attempt to shame trucking companies into paying up, the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission has published a list of the top 24 toll violators — a group that allegedly owes $1.5 million in unpaid tolls.
Turnpike officials say that the 24 commercial toll violators — mostly trucking companies — have simply ignored 9,000 violations notices.
Said Pennsylvania Turnpike Commissioner Sean Logan: “We are doing all we can to collect every penny, but it is simply not enough. Without support from state lawmakers for tougher consequences, a growing number of violators from every state will continue to cheat both the Turnpike Commission and the commonwealth as a whole.”
The top offender on the Turnpike Commission’s list is New Jersey-based Green Coast Logistics. They have over 7,600 violation notices and owe almost $700,000.
Here are the top 10 Pennsylvania Turnpike toll violators and the amount that they owe.
- 1. Green Coast Logistics (New Jersey) — $678,483
- 2. Natural Stone Wholesalers LLC (New Jersey) — $79,659
- 3. U-Haul Co Of Arizona (Arizona) — $75,017
- 4. Salson Dedicated Inc. (New Jersey) — $56,390
- 5. Cheaper By The Dozen LLC (Pennsylvania) — $56,378
- 6. Crystal Carrier Corp. (Minnesota) — $56,319
- 7. Tad Transport LLC (Pennsylvania) — $47,275
- 8. Schweikert Trucking LLC (New Jersey) — $43,776
- 9. JFP Transport LLC (Pennsylvania) — $42,977
- 10. Family Logistics LLC (Pennsylvania) — $$42,404
You can check out the entire list of toll violators in the document below.