Today the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance released the results of their annual Roadcheck commercial vehicle inspection campaign.
This year, Roadcheck took place from June 7-9. During that 72 hour period, 62,796 inspections were conducted. Of those, 42,236 were Level I inspections.
Here are the results for Roadcheck 2016.
- 17.8% of vehicles that were inspected were placed out of service.
- 4% of drivers who underwent inspection were placed out of service.
- 13% of vehicles carrying hazardous materials were placed out of service.
- The top reason for vehicle out of service orders was brake issues (45.7%).
- Tire and wheel violations resulted in 18.5% of out of service orders.
- The top reasons for driver out of service orders were hours of service violations (46.8%) and false logs (16.4%).
- 15 trucks or buses were inspected every minute during the 72 hour inspection campaign.