Sign up for the CDLLife Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get today's top trucking news delivered to your inbox.
New data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics proves that trucking is one of the most dangerous jobs in America.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2015 was the deadliest year for U.S. workers since 2008, with 4,836 employees dying on the job. In 2008, 5,214 were killed on the job.
Top 10 Deadliest Jobs In America
Not surprisingly, truck driver ranks among the Bureau’s top ten deadliest jobs at number 7 with a total of 885 fatalities in 2015.
10. First-line supervisors of landscaping, lawn service, or groundskeeping.
9. Electrical power installers and repairers.
8. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers.
7. Truck drivers.
6. Structural iron/steel workers.
5. Garbage and recyclable materials collectors.
3. Aircraft pilots and flight engineers.
1. Logging workers.