When the Port Authority police pulled a truck over for an over-height violation on Sunday morning, they had no idea what was in store for them when they began to search the truck.
The incident happened at the Lincoln Tunnel toll plaza in Weehawken, New Jersey.
Too-Tall Truck Leads Cops To Lots Of Contraband
Port Authority police say that they were alerted that something was amiss when a too-tall truck set off an alarm at the toll plaza.
Officers pulled over 27 year old Denver-based truck driver Michael Anthony Paige Morse.
After Morse provided police with an expired CDL, his truck was searched.
Police say that they discovered a variety of contraband on Morse’s truck, including:
- A glass jar containing 24 grams of suspected marijuana
- Four suspected THC gummies
- A 9 millimeter Glock with a fifteen round magazine plus a round in the chamber
- An additional nine round magazine
- Metal or “Brass” knuckles
- A small envelope containing suspected marijuana
Morse was taken into police custody and faces numerous drug, illegal weapons, and ammunition charges. His truck was impounded.
For more information about truck driver gun rights, please click here.