The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) is now accepting nominations for the 2018 International Driver Excellence Award (IDEA).
The CVSA’s main goal is to ensure the coordination of uniformity in commercial motor vehicle safety enforcement and regulatory compliance across Canada, the United States, and Mexico, according to their website.
The IDEA is meant to recognize exceptional drivers in the professional commercial motor vehicle industry, and the driver’s endless commitment to public safety.
This annual award is presented to an individual who goes above and beyond their required duties as a driver. More specifically, the driver that earns this award distinguishes themselves from their colleagues with exceptional safe operation and compliance over an extended period of time.
— CVSA (@CVSA) October 30, 2017
Individuals nominated must have no disqualifying past behavior and possess a reputable personal character.
This award is available throughout the trucking industry – you do not have to be a member with CVSA to apply or be nominated.
The submission deadline for this award is Friday, January 12, 2018.
- At least 25 cumulative years of crash-free driving in a commercial motor vehicle with a clean driving record for the past three years
- No felony convictions
- No safety-related driving suspensions in the past three years
- No driver violations in the past three years, excluding form and manner violations
- A check for $2,500
- A crystal trophy
- Airfare for the winner and one guest to Portland, Oregon to receive his or her award during the general session of the CVSA Workshop
- Two-night hotel stay at the Hilton Portland Downtown in Portland, Oregon
The winner will be announced on Monday, April 9, 2018, at the 2018 CVSA Workshop in Portland, Oregon.
Click here to download the nomination form.
Sign up for the CDLLife Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get today's top trucking news delivered to your inbox.