Glassdoor, a job and recruiting website, conducted an analysis of fast-growing salaries in 2017. Naturally, wages change with demand and supply of workers willing to do certain types of work, according to Forbes.
This year truck drivers should be pleased to know their salaries should only be going up from here.
MaryJo Fitzgerald, a career trends analyst with Glassdoor, says, “As the holiday season ramps up, truck drivers are in high demand and seeing big wage gains as online shopping–and the need to move those goods across the country–kicks into high gear.”
Top 10 Jobs with fast-growing salaries for 2017:
- Barista: Median Base Pay: $24,305 Growth Year-Over-Year: 5.6%
- Truck Driver: Median Base Pay: $52,280 Growth Year-Over-Year: 5%
- Recruiter: Median Base Pay: $50,491 Growth Year-Over-Year: 4.8%
- Bank Teller: Median Base Pay: $28,633 Growth Year-Over-Year: 4.3%
- Restaurant Cook: Median Base Pay: $28,456 Growth Year-Over-Year: 4.3%
- Solutions Architect Median Base Pay: $102,184 Growth Year-Over-Year: 3.7%
- Business Development Manager: Median Base Pay: $69,503 Growth Year-Over-Year: 3.6%
- Store Manager: Median Base Pay: $48,701 Growth Year-Over-Year: 3.5%
- Pharmacy Technician: Median Base Pay: $30,688 Growth Year-Over-Year: 3.4%
- Web Designer: Median Base Pay: $51,767 Growth Year-Over-Year: 3.4%
Overall, median base pay in the U.S. rose 1.8% since last year to $51,491 annually, according to salaries on Glassdoor.