The Illinois Department of Transportation is seeking public and constructive feedback on rest areas across the state.
IDOT has formulated a survey at idot.illinois.gov that can be taken until Sunday, October 29th.
Still time for your voice to be heard about Illinois’ rest areas. Take our survey to let us know what you think: https://t.co/aoSUfib8IQ
— IDOT (@IDOT_Illinois) October 18, 2017
Paper copies are also available at certain rest areas. A survey can also be mailed to you if you call 402 – 399 – 1405.
The goal of this survey is to “help shape the future planning of Illinois rest areas.”
Some of the survey questions include:
- What rest areas do you visit?
- What is your primary purpose for stopping at the rest area?
- How important are the following amenities? Benches, Building design, Drinking fountain, Family restrooms, Free Wi-Fi, Grounds/landscaping, Historical information and brochures, Maps, Overnight parking, Pet exercise area, Playground equipment, Service location information, sufficient truck/RV parking, vending machines, visitor center attendant, weather/road/traffic conditions information.
- How would you rate the accessibility from your vehicle to the facility?
- How would you rate safety and security at the rest area you last visited?
- How far do you think rest areas should be in proximity to other services such as gas stations or other rest areas?
- How did this rest area compare to other rest areas you have used outside Illinois?
- Do you prefer using rest areas to commercial facilities?
- Although current law does not allow it, would you like private businesses to be allowed to develop at or adjacent to rest areas?
There is 20 questions total, the remaining 11 questions not listed here are designed to collect demographic information.
According to QC times, IDOT maintains a system of 30 rest areas and 11 welcome centers on highways throughout the state, serving more than 36 million visitors annually.
Let Illinois know what truck drivers need, click here.