Today the FMCSA announced a nationwide tour designed to help commercial vehicle drivers make the transition to electronic logging devices (ELDs).
With the December 18, 2017, compliance date looming, the FMCSA says that the public education and outreach program will feature driver focused panels and presentations designed to make the switch to ELDs easier.
According to a release from the FMCSA, “FMCSA agency staff at their interactive exhibit booth will answer questions, provide consumer-friendly resources and materials, and review drivers’ and carriers’ responsibilities.”
FMCSA ELD Tour Dates
- July 13-15 – Iowa 80 Truckstop Jamboree (Walcott, Iowa)
- August 24-26 – Great American Trucking Show (Dallas, Texas)
- September 25-27 – North American Commercial Vehicle Show (Atlanta, Georgia)
- October 14-15 – California Trucking Show (Ontario, California)
- October 21-24 – American Trucking Associations Management Conference & Exhibition (Orlando, Florida)
- November 6-8 – Women in Trucking Accelerate! Conference & Expo (Kansas City, Missouri)
You can click here for more on the FMCSA’s ELD rule.