Operation Black and Blue just made an announcement that they plan to release the location of their protest on September 30th.
The organization has a protest scheduled from October 3 through October 8 in Washington D.C.
They do not want the location of the rendezvous to be known too far ahead of time in order to avoid interference from opposing forces.
What is Operation Black and Blue?
Operation Black and Blue is “a coordinated effort by truck drivers who are against the ELD (electronic logging device) mandate and who are in favor of HOS (hours of service) reform and better training standards for new drivers entering the trucking industry.”
The group is against government overreach and over-regulation. They believe that the ELD mandate threatens the livelihood of drivers across the country; to them, it is a matter of public safety and driver privacy.
— DMC30494 (@DaveOMcCauley) September 13, 2017
Commercial Driver Bill of Rights
This group has organized a Driver Bill of Rights. They are as follows:
- ELD Mandate: The driver should be able to have a choice between ELD or paper logs. Their logs should also not be shown to outside parties without the driver’s knowledge or permission
- 14 Hour Rule: Drivers should not be held to a continuous running clock
- Abolish the CSA Scoring System: Pre-Employment Screening Program, it records all data against a driver regardless of guilt
- Parking Availability: Due to the lack of safe and legal parking places for trucks, drivers are put in a dangerous and illegal situations
- Detention Pay: They should be paid their cents per mile (CPM) at a rate of sixty miles per hour
- Lumper Fees/Fines: Drivers should not be held accountable for the company’s cost of doing business
- Lumping: Drivers should not be responsible for the loading or unloading of the freight.
- 24/7 Dispatch: There should always be company support available while working
- Driver Abandonment: Drivers should not be left to coordinate their transportation home
- Regulations: Drivers should be the first voice heard in the regulatory process
- Anti-Idling Laws: If the driver wants the motor to be running, it should be – for comfort, health, and safety
- Truckers Right to Carry Firearms