Not only are there simple ways to lower your blood pressure before a certain date, but you can lower it and keep it that way for good.
Lowering your blood pressure is as easy as following a few simple steps. These steps include:
- Drinking plenty of water. This help to flush out toxins, and lowers your sodium levels!
- AVOID caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes
- Eat more bananas! Potassium can have wonderful side effects on your blood pressure!
- Simply take a deep breath!
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Take naps and sleep when possible (even a 15-minute nap on your 30)
There are also certain types of foods you can include in your diet that will lower your blood pressure. These include:
- Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- Dark Chocolate! For those of you who have a sweet tooth (; but of course only in moderation!
- Olive Oil (You can use this instead of butter!)
Most of these things can be bought at the truck stop.
These are all great things to take into account for that DOT physical coming up, but how else can you make the effects stick around long term?
- Exercise. Try getting in more walking whenever possible! Park far back from the truck stop and walk! Walk laps around your truck and trailer.
- Maintain a healthier diet. Stay away from salt. Skip the truck stop food!
- Reduce caffeine intake
- Limit alcohol
- Get sleep!
Try one or more of these things daily and your blood pressure will thank you later!