It is the middle of summer, which means it is hot, hot, hot! When it is this toasty outside, I like to keep my food on the lighter side, and easy to cook. This is a great go-to recipe that you will not feel bad about indulging in!
Best thing about this meal? You can make more than one serving, at one time, and have some leftover for the next day!
Meal prep time: 6-8 hours
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups whole grain brown rice (Or whichever rice you prefer!)
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsps lemon zest
- 1 tsp garlic
1. Place rice and water in Slow Cooker
2. Pour olive oil over rice
3. Place chicken into the cooker, over the bed of rice
4. Pour lemon juice over chicken, sprinkle lemon zest and garlic over top
5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours