Content Sponsored by TMC
When you’re a student truck driver trying to navigate your way into the trucking industry by beginning your CDL training, it can be confusing or even frustrating!
Getting through trucking school is a necessary step in meeting your career goals, but many students report that they feel overwhelmed by the task.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of 5 tips that can help you get through the “student” part of your trucking career and move forward into the “driver” part!
- Show up. Half the battle of getting through your CDL student training is just about showing up for class and participating as much as possible. It might be tempting to skip, but don’t — you’ll miss something important if you do!
- Go ahead and get your DOT physical out of the way. This can be a big hurdle for many people, so making sure that you pass your physical with flying colors as soon as possible is smart.
- Have a question? ASK! Many CDL students are worried about looking ignorant in front of others, but if you’re wondering about some aspect of your driver training, chances are someone else is too. The only way to get the answers you need is to speak up.
- Hit the books. The more time that you invest studying every aspect of trucking, the better off you’ll be.
- Keep a positive attitude. Things will get tough at some point during your CDL training, but keep an open mind and stay confident in your ability to learn!