Content Sponsored by Bennett
Flatbed trucking is one of the toughest jobs out there.
It can be physically demanding, mentally challenging, and some days, outright frustrating.
That’s why we thought we’d share a list of reasons why we’d like to tip our hats to the flatbedders out there.
- They help each other out. Earlier this summer, a flatbed truck driver Brandon Winger shared a touching Facebook post about how he helped out a fellow driver with a tarping job — and insisted that the older driver keep his money.
2. They haul the craziest stuff sometimes.
Just another day in Houston…@NASA_Johnson‘s Orion spacecraft on I-45. #MyHouston #SpotOrion @NASA_Orion pic.twitter.com/WIvThCeezo
— Houston (@VisitHouston) June 15, 2016
3. They’re inventive. A flatbed truck driver with upper body injuries found a way to keep doing the job he loved by inventing a strap throwing device called the Strap-A-Pult. You can check out a demo video below.
4. They know a thing or two about how to keep things in place.
5. They’ve got some impressive arms. Throwing straps and tarping is a heck of a workout!
6. They’re not afraid to haul the little loads too.
Our hats go off to all of the flatbedders out there!